Wednesday, January 2, 2008

So, it’s that time of the year again . . .

and by that, I mean it's HGTV dream-house time. Yes, I admit it: I actually think that one of these years I'm going to win it. I watch it every year and enter and think, this is definitely the year.

HGTV's dream house is more "New Year's Day" to me than football is, even though that goes along with it too--at least the sound of it somewhere in the background. And for some reason, Hickory Farm's beef sausage stick and cheese along with board games completes New Year's (I'm pretty sure that one came from my childhood though).

New Year's Eve was always eating chips with the top 100 songs of the year. That's what I remember most, anyway.

But back to my dream house. It's usually dreaming of living there that gets me though the bleakest days of January and into spring. And the perpetual entering and touring the house online. This year it's in the Florida Keys. Yes, I'll move. Anything. Just give it to me.

I know it's sad. I actually feel like I have a better chance of winning the dream house than of having my novel published. Yeah, I know, I have to submit it somewhere to have it published, but I'm not quite ready yet. I guess I'll keep entering to win my dreamhouse. One thing at a time. Next up, submitting my novel.