Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Open evenings, writer’s strike

I don't know why the writer's strike bothers me so much. I don't watch that much t.v. It just seems silly that people just stop working. I mean, let's face it, when you work and think you deserve more money, you ask your boss for a raise. If you don't like the answer, you either look for a new job or you just accept it. But a strike just seems so ridiculous. Almost barbaric.

I know what they're thinking: why is Jennifer Anniston getting paid a million and a half per episode and I'm just getting ----. I'm sure it's not that small an amount. And although the shows depend upon the writers, these people chose to be writers--not actors/actresses. They probably aren't pretty enough to be actors/actresses and you just accept whatever talents God's given you. And writers don't usually make that much money (except on the rare occasion like J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter, etc.)

The other reason I'm a little irritated about this is being this is Scrubs LAST season and what if they never finish it off and it's just left hanging. . . I guess I'll live, but it just seriously bothers me. Now, I find myself so much more interested in the presidential election merely because it's the only thing that interests me now [and even that I can only stomach for about 15 minutes]. I still can't handle reality shows. I'm also getting more reading done and have started on a new story.

I guess I should be thankful that they've stopped writing. Do we really need them?

Okay, yes, we do for when we want to stop thinking and just have things happen in front of us while we lounge on the couch. We all have those nights.

Aghhhhh! Stop the stupid strike already!