Monday, September 17, 2007

Just spending the morning torturing my dog

It's almost Halloween again, so it's time to start thinking about what we're going to be. I don't know why I love Halloween so much, but I do and I love coming up with cute, original ideas for Bianca. This year, we decided on a theme based on a cute kids book called "Skippyjon Jones." He's a siamese cat who thinks he's a chihuahua.

Well, it just so happens that our dog is a chihuahua, so of course, he'll be El Skippito the great sword fighter (a.k.a. Skippyjon Jones). Bianca will be Mother Junebug Jones and Portia (Bianca decided) will be Jilly Boo Jones--both Siamese cats. I don't know what I'm going to do about Siamese cat costumes. I just spent the morning scouring the Internet and nada. But maybe I can play around with a black-cat costume and make it look Siamese, I don't know.

Well, anyway, we were able to produce a make-shift Skippyjon Jones costume. It's almost like he knew we were measuring him up as I crafted the mask out of felt. He got nervous and started spending a lot of time underneath the kitchen table, then when we lunged toward him he tried to do everything he could to get away from us. But alas, it was two against one and we finally surrounded him and put his costume on. What do you think, does the costume work? (By the way, if you haven't read this book to your kids yet, you really need to.)

Photobucket


Photobucket