Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I never thought I'd say this . . .

but I'm tired of wearing comfortable pajamas and sweats. What I wouldn't give to just wear my normal clothes again. It's been three weeks and I still can't get back into them. I'm dying! Each day, as I watch all the swelling go down and things start looking back to the way they should, I optimistically try on my regular jeans and I always end up disappointed. Why is it that they put the incision from the C-section right where the top of the jeans hit?

I've started walking at nights again--thanks to my friend Dani. I'm so eager to look like I did about 10 months ago. But nothing's changing. I'm still stuck in pajamas and work-out clothes and I don't feel like I can go anywhere because I can't dress like that.

On Thursday I have a work meeting. I'm hoping that in the next two days, I'll optimistically put on my jeans and find that they fit. I don't know if my editor will appreciate me showing up in my pajama bottoms and my "I survived finals week at BYU 1994" t-shirt.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.