Saturday, January 20, 2007

Just another ordinary miracle today

Okay, so you've probably heard me say that I don't believe in miracles anymore. Not that I ever had a real reason to before. But I guess that depends on your scope of what a miracle is.

Today I spent the day with Bianca. Eric's gone, so we're on our own. It's a miracle that I'm surviving this and not going out of my mind.

But we got in the car and did some shopping. It was nice. I found this pair of clogs from Target that had sold out several months ago in Bianca's size and they were marked down to $3--the only pair in the entire store. Why I care so much about Bianca's footwear and haven't bought a new pair of shoes for myself in two years is beyond me. But I was ecstatic to get them for such a good deal. I checked out a sectional Eric wanted me to look at from Macy's, then Bianca and I had lunch at Iggy's (sorry, hun, we did it in honor of you).

We went to see Charlotte's Web after that. The movie was really cute. I'm glad that the books of my childhood are still around today. I cried, of course, I'm pregnant. And it's a sweet story. And the movie ends with Wilbur getting to see a winter snow, when he thought he'd be butchered and smoked much before that could happen.

But the little miracle happened when we walked out of the theatre. It was snowing. Yeah, snow isn't a miracle, depending what your scope of a miracle, but this afternoon, it was for me. In fact, finding those brown clogs at Target was too.

I guess I'm redefining my scope of a miracle after all. I'm a believer once again.